What should I do before applying?
- Have you fully informed yourself about Bolivia as a country and what our programme can offer you? Devote some time to browsing the website and deciding if this is for you.
- Have you looked at the programme pricing and ensured you can finance this trip?
- What nationality are you? Will you require a visa or visa extension, and have you contacted us/made enquiries about getting one?
- Are you in good health, will you be able to cope with being at high altitude? (La Paz is a mountaineous city, 3800m above sea level.)
What happens after I apply?
- Phone conversation: We review your application and get back to you within 2 weeks for a phone conversation. The conversation is for both of us to get to know eachother: we are oversubscribed and like to talk to all applicants to further each decision. Equally, we want to make sure that any prospective participants understand what the programme involves: we will explain a bit more about the programme and you ask any questions you may have.
- Deposit: You place your deposit in order to secure your place with the Bolivian Express.
- Further details: Over the next few weeks, you should be organising the following:
- Your flights: the earlier you book, the cheaper it is.
- Your health insurance: Does your existing one cover you abroad, if not, what cover can you take out for a trip to Bolivia?
- If you need a visa, you make an appointment to obtain one.
- We will be in touch with you requiring you to submit this information as your programme period approaches, most importantly: flight details and confirmation of Health insurance.
- You can contact us at any time with questions.
- Pre-trip Information: We send you a package of
Pre-trip Information a month/a few weeks before your trip. This includes detailled advice on how to prepare yourself for a trip to Bolivia, from packing your suitcase to Embassy details in Bolivia.
- Full Payment: At least 4 weeks before you travel we expect to receive the full payment for your stay. You will be given a deadline for this payment according to the month you come
- Registration: If your country has an embassy in Bolivia we require you to register with them. This is an easy process that can usually be done online.
- Off to Bolivia: Board your flight and we will be waiting for you at the airport in La Paz to pick up you up!
Apply For An Internship Now